Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Brief Pause

For anyone still reading, I just wanted to let you know that I still plan to finish off Feast, but I've been held up by real life care for awhile. I'm actually still reading Feast, I'm just not taking notes while I do it like I've been doing. When I get the chance, hopefully soon, I'll go back to the last chapter I left off at and I'll reread and take notes as usual. From the looks of things, this is one book where knowing what happens really hasn't spoiled anything, since the foreshadowing was so heavy that almost nothing has come as a surprise. Actually, nothing has come as a surprise.

I will say this though: Brynden "The Blackfish" Tully is officially one of my favorite minor characters. I love him for his loyalty, and his general badassery. It's really a shame beyond shames that he won't be in the HBO series.

2 comments:

  1. An update: I actually finished Feast some time ago. To be honest, it's my least favorite of the four, though, it still had some good stuff in it. With the impending release of Dance, I think I'm going to go back and reread Storm of Swords sometime in the middle of June, to catch myself up on the lingering questions to be answered in Dance, then I'll reread Feast, and that's when I'll do a full review as I've done for the other books.

    ReplyDelete